Building Vacuum Tube Guitar and Bass Amplifiers – Volume 3, by Tino Zottola © 2007
Volume #3 covers more advanced amplifier projects for the experienced builder. Beginners are encouraged to study Volumes 1 & 2 first before attempting the projects in Volume 3. This 121 page spiral bound book contains, but is not limited to, the following topics;
Detailed plans for building the following five vacuum tube amplifiers,
– AC 15, classic replica of a ’50s VOX amp with push-pull EL84 output, minus the vibrato
– 1958 mdl. Marshall, classic replica of a ’60s Marshall with push-pull EL84 output
– Princeton AA1164, classic replica of a ’60s Fender amp with push-pull 6V6 output
– EH150, classic replica of a ’40s Gibson amp with push-pull 6L6 output w/microphone preamp used as an overdrive circuit.
– DR130, a classic replica of a ’70s Hiwatt amp with quad EL84 output
Parts list, chassis drilling guide, component installation details, wire-by-wire hook-up, voltage charts and schematics are featured.
Additionally, the following topics are also covered in detail:
- Universal Grounding Schemes
- White Noise Minimization
- High Voltage Adjustment Strategy
Click Here to purchase Building Vacuum Tube Guitar and Bass Amplifiers, Vol 3